Episode 11: Welcome to the Equestrian Author Spotlight podcast! In each episode, you’ll hear inspirational stories from horse book authors including writing advice and marketing tips to help you write your own horse book. If you are an author, aspire to be an author, or simply love horse books then you are in the right place!
In this week's episode, you'll meet Award-winning Equine Author M.J. Evans. You'll learn ...
- About conducting research and writing across genres as M.J. has written fourteen books including non-fiction, historical fiction, children's and fantasy.
- The value of literary awards and how to submit your books.
- Tips on writing to a market, knowing who your buyer is, where they look for your books, and how to reach them.
- What it is like to work with a traditional publisher and why she decided to start her own independent publishing company.
- The process of taking a book to screenplay.
- And MUCH more!
M.J. Evans Website: http://www.dancinghorsepress.com/
Visit https://www.carlykadecreative.com/podcast.html where you can read the episode show notes and find the links to M.J. Evan's sites and recommended resources. Make sure you subscribe to the podcast on YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher, or via RSS so you’ll never miss a show.
Want a free guide to secrets of horse book authors? Gallop over to https://www.carlykadecreative.com/wisdom.html and join the Equestrian Author Spotlight email list to have the author advice resource delivered instantly to your inbox.
If you are an author who writes about horses and would like to be spotlighted let me know. I’d be happy to include you, too. Visit my contact page at https://www.carlykadecreative.com to fill out a request.